In 1931 the fields and high school were actually ponds feed by the Aberjona River. Between this time and 1968 the site was used as a dumping grounds for trash, medical waste, and tannery chemicals
In 1968 the sites were filled with INCINERATOR ASH and taken to be used for the school and fields
In 2017 a turf field was added, a 4th culvert was added, portions of the fields were capped from environmental hazards, and new sod fields and irrigation was put in.
The field is no complete and can be used to serve thousands of student athletes and the citizens of Winchester for years and years to come!